Sunday, July 15, 2012

Meet Drissa

Soon I will post all about the graduation yesterday. It was the best birthday gift for me! Such a blessing to celebrate with the Kakeetos and the women of the Hope House... but for now... here you go.

So... I was taking one of the boys' testimonies for an article I am writing (for Randall House!) I am going to post the article sometime soon after I finish it. What an opportunity! Well, I was taking Bashir's testimony and Drissa asked that I take his... So I want to share it with you... 

Meet Drissa:

I was at home and wanted to go to school. I went to Primary School. I had a supporter who was paying for my school fees. My mother told me, “Let me take you to a government school and just keep the sponsor money.” But my heart said it was not right to do that. One day my mom sent me to fetch water. I brought the water and just left to go to the street. When I was headed to the street, I didn’t have any money in my pockets. I was just walking and I found up 50,000. I bought food with the money and change as well. I started living on the streets, looking for something to eat. Every morning I had to go collect scrap metal. The life on the street was not good. It was very bad. One time I met Auntie Abby. She was walking and told me that she had a programme in Kivulu and I began to attend it. When I started going to the programme, Auntie Abby made a home with Auntie Jess and they asked if I wanted to be in the home. I said yes. They took me into the home and now I am studying, I go to school I play futbol, and they have even made a basketball court. And now I have met Auntie Lauren and she is my best friend in the whole world. Yesterday she bought for me a cake and she taught me how to make chocolate pudding. And it was really sweet. It was so sweet. The end. Goodbye.


Helping build the ending around
the new basketball court!

Posing for a picture while playing
futbol with the brothers.

1 comment: