Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Best Graduation Speech Ever...

So, if you have been following much of me on Facebook, you have heard that the women's program graduation took place last Saturday. One of the graduates, Gertrude, was selected by the group of ladies to give a graduation speech. She handed Abby, Caitlyn, and myself a hard copy before she gave it... It was absolutely wonderful and I wanted to share it with you...


"WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

I am Gertrude

I am the mother of four children i.e. two boys and two girls.

I am very excited today of what we are now.

I welcome you our dear visitors. I thank you to come and appreciate all the people who have come to celebrate with us.

I would like to take this opportunity in front of you our dear visitors to thank a wonderful lady Mrs. Abigail Kakeeto, who came with a dream of helping us ladies of Makerere and also I thank all American people who supported our program to start.

Abby I thank you very much for what you have done for us, thank you for helping us, thank you for teaching us each and every thing, thank you for teaching us to become hardworking women, thank you for teaching us the Bible study, thank you for teaching us saving, thank you for praying for us. We thank all American people like Amanda, Jaja Jina, Kate (Caitlyn), Lorine (me) and other American people who have been sponsoring and those who were praying for us. I thank Aunt Maureen, Josephine, Aunt Alice who brought Abby to us to be a wonderful woman to us.

Abby I promise you that what you have done for us we are not going to shame you, we are going to work hard on our businesses. I also promise that we are going to be the land ladies.

Abby we request you to send our thanks to all of the American ladies who were supporting us, we thank them so much, Gay God bless them a hundred times.

This is for the ladies of Hope House; I ask you ladies to work hard and not to let Abby ashamed, think about where we were before and see where we are now after thinking then we will work hard through God all things are possible.

Let us work hard with hands through Abby's experience and buy plots and build houses for our children, that's all I have today. Enjoy the function of today. 

I remain yours, Gertrude from HOPE HOUSE."

I pray you are blessed by this message as I was blessed. What an incredible lady.  

Gertrude selling their products at the graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment