Friday, June 8, 2012

Well, this is going to have to be quick because Abby and I just stopped in at an Internet cafe... only a few minutes left after checking my email.

I saw that my mom updated some people on Facebook...

I arrived just fine. But my luggage got left behind in Brussels. They said something about getting it today or tomorrow, but Abby is doubtful. haha... we will see. For now, I have two pairs of undies, 2 shirts, a pair of pants and a pair of capris (both very hot!) and 1, yes 1, sports bra. Sorry if that is TMI for some of you.. but yea. haha.

Last night we finally arrived at the Volunteer Home that I am staying at. I was directed to the shower that has hot water... The plan was to get my hair washed, but then just hurry through the rest and use baby powder.. haha. Uncertain of how my shower went. Well, the Lord gave me a "Welcome to Africa!" experience. The pressure was very little, the heat was extremely hot! But then before I even finished getting my hair initially wet, the electricity went out. So then I had no lights and extremely cold water. :) I rinsed through my hair as much as I could and then used a bunch of deodorant and baby powder. Haha... anyway, I am not upset or anything, just made me laugh. I slept well though!

Today I went and met the women of the bead program face-to-face! Such an incredible blessing! All of you who have purchased jewelry, you are part of an incredible ministry! I will tell you more later!

And then we went to the street boys program to watch soccer, play games, have a devotional, and enjoy some food.

Time is running out. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment