Friday, June 1, 2012

Support Letter

**I know some of you have already seen this, but some of you have not**

Hello dear family and friends!


    I pray this post finds you well. As most of you already know, next Wednesday I will be flying out of Little Rock and headed to Uganda, Africa for the months of June and July. I have been given the opportunity to intern with the organization A Perfect Injustice (API) whose mission is to “show and teach marginalized people the love and hope of Christ and to secure for them a life off of the street.” They partner with local churches and Christian non-profit organizations to demonstrate the love of Christ within a holistic model, which means they work to take care of the basic physical, educational, spiritual, social, and emotional needs of those people they serve.
While I am there I will serve in several different capacities. I will be leading a Bible study with the women of the Hope House which exists to transform and empower prostituted women through Bible lessons, counseling, and allowing them to create the glass-bead necklaces as income. The majority of my time will be spent with the young street boys, while leading them in devotionals, serving them in first-aid care, being the activities coordinator, and teaching small lessons in English, math, science, etc. once a week. These young boys create the paper-bead and bone jewelry I have been selling at church recently. In addition to working side-by-side with the young men and women, I will also be helping in an administrative role by organizing the child sponsorship program that API has already set in place.
I am writing this letter to ask that you partner with me in serving the boys and women this summer.  
Many of you have already been joining me in prayer, and for that I am so very thankful. I listed my ministry roles above so that you will know specifically how to pray while I am gone. Please also pray that I will be sensitive to the Lord’s guiding in what He desires me to teach. Most importantly, pray that I continue to rely on the Father for wisdom and love to share with the women and children, even though I am expecting to learn more from them than I could imagine.
Again, thank you all for your continued love and support in this new chapter of my life. Although I am uncertain of where God will lead when I return to the states at the beginning of August, I continue to pray that I am sensitive to what the Lord’s desire is for me and that I will have an obedient heart and spirit.
                        Love to you all.

“I will most gladly spend and be expended for your souls.” 2 Corinthians 12:15

No comments:

Post a Comment